Family Christmas Magic
We are trying to pack this page with a ton of fun and exciting ways, for elf apprentices to increase the magic of Christmas in the life of your family and others. Christmas is the time of year where happy memories are made that we carry with us throughout the year and our lives. So go create some wonderful memories and we'll keep bringing you magical fun ideas to help make that happen.
*We will be expanding these ideas and hopfully adding many more to these. We would love to hear from you about your favorite family traditions so we can share them here to spread Christmas magic far and wide!!*
Just Click on the email icon at the top ot the page to share with us!
Visit a Christmas tree farm
- Visit a Christmas tree farm and cut down your own trees. Warm up with a thermos of hot chocolate. Take a picture with your tree, then cut one inch off the bottom of the trunk to make an ornament out of it. Glue on the picture and write the year for a Christmas keepsake.
Take a Christmas outing
- Check out the wonderful Christmas programs, Parades, light displays, Festivals of trees, plays, Christmas markets, concerts and other community activities with a family outing.
Have a tree triming party
- Turn decorating the tree and house into a party. Kick off the season with a tree trimming party. Make some your family's favorite finger foods and cookies. Put on Christmas movies or music. Be sure not to forget the eggnog!
Put on a family play or puppet show
- Put on a family play or puppet show. A Nativity Play, Dickens Christmas Carol, The Night Before Christmas are just a few plays that would be great for the family actors and actresses.
- Buy or make an advent calender to count down the days to Christmas. There are so many good ideas on different ways to use the advent calenders. For some reason our Advent calenders always have chocolate in them. ;-)
Invite an Elf to stay with you
Christmas Around the World Dinner
- Make a Christmas around the world dinner. English plum pudding, German stollen, and don't forget an exotic bucket of KFC fried chicken, the number one Christmas meal in Japan!
- Make a reindeer runway outside on Christmas Eve. Paper lunch sacks, a little sand, and some tea candles will help guide Santa's sleigh to your house. You could also make a reindeer feeder to leave some homemade reindeer food.
- Have a neighborhood ugly Christmas sweater party. One fun way to do is to have people bring a desert and then have everyone vote on who has the ugliest sweater and the best desert. Be sure to have a fitting prize for the winners. It would also make a festive time to do some caroling.
- Make a video Christmas card to send to friends and family. Sing songs, do a skit, or read a poem to wish everyone a very merry Christmas.
- Ask the pajamas elves to deliver pajamas to everyone in the family on Christmas Eve. They are guarenteed to help everyone sleep well Christmas Eve.
- Have a Christmas movie marathon of all your favorite Christmas movies. Be sure to put maple syrup on your popcorn!